“Reflective thinking turns experience into insight.”John C Maxwell
For my first blog post of 2023, I wanted to review the posts that readers found most interesting and received the most interactions last year. In analyzing the data from 2022, thanks to you, the Talking Healthcare Technology blog had over 160,000 impressions across all social media platforms. Time is a precious commodity. So, a big thank you to everyone who took the time to read, share, and comment on the material I published last year. Your comments, suggestions, and encouragement are greatly appreciated.
These are the twenty-five posts that received the most interactions (links included):
- Next Generation Wearable Device Growth Creates New Opportunities for Real-Time Monitoring of Health Conditions
- How New Technologies Can Support Patients With Parkinson’s Disease
- When Technology Creates Barriers to Care Delivery, Bad Things Happen
- Can Advancements in Synthetic Biology Benefit Everyone?
- How Leveraging Exponential Technologies Will Virtualize Clinical Trials
- Is Femtech the Next Big Growth Opportunity in Health Care?
- Assistive Technologies – Improving the Quality of Life for Millions. But, challenges remain.
- Regenerative Medicine & the Quest for a Longer, Healthier Life
- Can An ‘Artificial Pancreas’ Help Conquer Diabetes?
- Technologies to Support Melanoma & Skin Cancer Awareness
- How New Technologies Can Support Mental Health & Wellness
- More Supply Chain Woes as Contrast Agents for Medical Imaging in Short Supply
- Summer Reading Recommendations – 2022
- One “Unified Health Record System” To Rule Them All? – I Think Not
- The Death of Expertise
- We Need To Invest More In Women’s Health Research & Technology Can Help
- Some Straight Talk About Technologies to Support Aging in Place
- Big Tech Layoffs Could Benefit Healthcare
- Books I Loved Reading This Year – 2022
- Take A Deep Breath – ChatGPT Is Not The AI Apocalypse
- Podcasts I Enjoyed Listening To This Year – 2022
- “Winter Is Coming” – Funding Challenges Will Slow Digital Health Development in 2023
- Audiobooks I Enjoyed This Year – 2022
- The Promise of Rehabilitative Brain Computer Interfaces
- Can Digital Health Technologies Be Used To Support Public Health Programs?
While I’ve focused on the technology that underlies digital health in this blog, it is essential to remember that healthcare is still all about the people. While we rely on technology to ease some of the burdens felt from 2022, focusing on people is essential. Technology is only a tool. Creating further digitization to manage the overall patient engagement experience will help reduce unnecessary friction in gaining access to the doctors and medical care patients need. Enhanced telephony solutions, combined with a more seamless and personalized patient experience, will further engage patients and their families in their care more conveniently and cost-effectively.
As I look forward to 2023, I am even more excited to find topics that highlight the ability of digital health technology to streamline care delivery, improve patient access to needed services, reduce the administrative burden on healthcare providers, lower the cost of providing care, and enabling critical research into developing new care pathways and treatments for patients around the world. I invite you to join me on this journey again this year. If you have suggestions for topics or technologies you want to see covered in more depth, please let me know in the comments section on the blog or via DM. Thanks again for reading!